Monday, January 25, 2010

First blog

Hello world,

This is my first blog I have ever done. I am curious to find out what the blog world is all about. Maybe I will acquire a new addiction.

I have just returned to school after losing my job of 17 years. Returning to school is my latest journey in life. Initially, I was petrified of the idea, but so far so good. It is actually amazing how some educational things really come back to mind after so many years. At the same time I am fulfilling one of my lost dreams in life. I had always regretted not going to college. Now is my time to recreate myself and change some of the bad choices I have made in life. I am challenging myself to do the best I can and just to get the most out of this experience.

I was concerned about being in a classroom with majority of people coming right out of high school. That concern has been laid to rest. I am amazed at how the different generations really get along in school and work together. I feel comfortable and not a minority. Everyone really seems to want to help each other out.

2 comments:

  1. Being so young myself and being right out of high school i can honestly say that not all teens are bad people... i personally rather talk to an older person than one my own age for the fact that i was forced to grow uo early and seent hings most people my age havent.. like my dad being revived after a massive heartattck and losing everything in a house fire. I guess what im trying to say is im happy that you dont look down on kids my age and think that all were looking for is trouble because that is simply not true

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherrie,

    I too had the same fears as you, coming back to school after 14 years of being out of school was a very scary thought. I also wish i would have went to college right after high school but I did not I think because I did't have the best time in school and always struggled with it so to think about college was not on my priority list even though I knew I would need it. But things changed and i have yet to find "my calling" in life I guess you could say, so i decided i had to push that fear aside once and for all and do this for me. I wish you the best in your journey though college and look forward to reading more about you and your journeys.

    ReplyDelete