Sunday, January 31, 2010

thoughts

I am developing an admiration for young mothers that are in college. I have just returned to college after being out of school for 25 years. I am really enjoying college but I am having trouble finding time to get everything that the professors are requesting to be completed plus take care of the house and all the responsibilities that includes. I stop doing classwork to do laundry or make dinner and next thing I know the day is over. My assignments require a lot of reading and comprehending, aside from the homework that is issued. Sometimes my whole day is spent working on assignments and all domestic responsibilities just wait. I sometimes find myself wondering how the single mothers are able to handle school, home and children. My daughter is 18 so she doesn't depend on me very much. Maybe I am the one who is naive. My daughter says all I do is study. This fall she will be a freshman in college. I told her to wait and see. College is far different than high school.

I am proud of myself for taking the opportunity to return to school. Sometimes I wonder what have I gotten myself into, but on the otherhand it is already having its rewards. My accomplishments just seem very small when compared to, only what I can imagine it is, for mothers in college who have young children. I admire you for what it takes to succeed.

1 comment:

  1. I know it's crazy! All of the homework, finding time to do it along with working and kids. I find writing to be emotionally draining and we have so much of it. I like writing, I just wish I were faster. I commened you for trying to better yourself. I think I'm going to learn so much more about myself than I ever have, thanks to school. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete